"..a day does not go by when we watch our son engage in some activity that, prior to your working with him, would prove unthinkable."
Occupational Therapy Center
Occupational Therapy Center
Caring and experienced therapists with special expertise
Full Range of OT Services
The OT Center has been providing services to the Pioneer Valley community since its opening in January of 2000. The Center offers a full range of occupational therapy (OT) services for young children, youth, and adults; in a comfortable, welcoming setting.
The Center’s therapeutic space offers state-of-the-art equipment and a safe, playful environment; with personalized treatment opportunities not always available in a hospital, school, or home setting. The Center’s main room resembles a gym, with swings, scooters, ramps, climbing structures that provide a variety of movement experiences. Tactile materials and small manipulatives help address sensory and fine motor needs. A separate evaluation room provides quiet, focused space for an accurate and thorough assessment of specific needs.
Our holistic approach connects therapy with the settings and tasks encountered in daily life. Treatment plans are developed in close collaboration with home and school teams.
The staff of licensed occupational therapists have extensive experience evaluating and treating children and adults with various needs, from typical youngsters with mild delays to those with specific disabilities such as autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, ADHD, and other issues.
Therapy at OTC is an interactive process that can address:
- Gross Motor Development: Coordination, balance, motor planning, increased physical confidence and safety awareness
- Fine Motor Development: Hand skills, dexterity, bilateral hand use, and eye-hand coordination
- Sensory Processing: Integrated responses to information perceived through touch, sound, and other senses
- Play, Social and Academic Skills: Engaging with people and the environment; organization, flexibility and self-regulation
- Daily Living Skills: Self-help skills for every day tasks, appropriate social and communications behaviors
- Individual and small group treatment
- Evaluations (including the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test when indicated)
- Consultation to schools, daycare centers, families, and agencies
- Workshops and presentations for educators, parents, and healthcare professionals
- OT peer mentoring
- Auditory Integration Programs: Theraputic Listening, Integrated Listening Systems
OTC services are available to families, schools, and other agencies, and may be covered by health insurance plans, school districts, or private payment. When working with schools and districts, treatment plans are developed in close collaboration with school teams.
Occupational Therapy Center (OTC) staff are all SIPT certified and have extensive experience providing evaluations and therapy related to Sensory Processing Disorders. This expertise is a significant resource for the region. Learn more..
For additional information contact:
413.588.5279 Phone | 413.584.8592 Fax | firstname.lastname@example.org Email
Occupational Therapy Center, 228 Pleasant Street (HEC Academy Building, rear), Northampton, MA 01060
Liz Etheridge, OTR/L Registered Occupational Therapist
Voicemail - 413.588.5271
Noel Kesselheim, OTR/L Registered Occupational Therapist
Voicemail - 413.588.5274