The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking a SPIFFY (Strategic Planning Initiative for Families and Youth) Coalition Coordinator to work with coalition partners and staff to plan, implement and evaluate prevention strategies aimed at reducing youth substance abuse in Hampshire County
Who We Are: SPIFFY, housed in the department of Healthy Families and Communities, is a county-wide coalition that engages the community in fostering an environment that supports healthy families and youth with a focus on preventing youth substance use prevention. Our department staff are skilled in public health policy and practices related to substance use prevention, food security, mental health, and trauma informed communities.
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do, together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our missions at CES and SPIFFY, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work proactively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- You enjoy working as part of a team, are a well organized, detail-oriented person who is able to prioritize multiple complex projects.
- You're eager to engage with a wide range of people and groups – from school administrators and city government leaders to diverse youth and adults including people with low incomes and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- You enjoy working with local municipalities on policy and systems change initiatives.
- You like the challenge of planning and facilitating interactive and productive meetings.
- You are willing to develop the skills you have, and learn new ones.
- You have experience with and knowledge of public health, public policy, or community organizing.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- In collaboration with coalition partners, plan, implement and evaluate school and community-based projects related to youth substance use prevention, youth leadership, policy change, and community norms to build healthier communities.
- Develop and implement an equity-framed model for establishing local municipal prevention teams, including recruitment of municipal, school and community representation, training, policy development support, and assessment.
- Planning, facilitation and follow up of coalition meetings inclduing on zoom and other on-line learning software.
- Utilize the Strategic Prevention Framework to develop and implement strategies to prevent underage drinking and drug use in Hampshire County
Terms of Employment:
- Full time (40 hour week), year-round position, flexible daytime hours with some evening work.
- Position is eligible for employer subsidized health, dental, life and LTD insurances, as well as other benefits described in the CES employee handbook
- Salaray range: $58,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience
CES is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from all cultural, ethnic, and racial backgrounds. Candidates whose backgrounds are well suited to understanding and addressing the needs of the diverse populations we serve are encouraged to apply.