The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) is seeking energetic part-time Activity Leaders to teach educational enrichment activities at Western MA School Districts, 21 Century After School Programs. The programs are unfolding now and will run through the school year.
Who We Are: Experienced educators; passionate about serving all students; including those who may have not done their best work in a traditional text-based classroom.
We value: The provision of positive high-quality after school experiences that help young people develop skills and confidence that will help them find success in school and in life. Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging.
This is you:
- You love to teach and believe students self-confidence, health, and brain power improve from active learning.
- You think out of the box or use our curriculum resources, to create a challenging learning environment.
- You effectively use technology; have experience working in a virtual classroom.
- You adapt with ease to changing programmatic needs, while maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Work with the site coordinator and other program staff, while providing social-emotional and academic support to students.
- Assist with planning, development and implementation of project based, cross-curricular enrichment activities.
- Provide project-based learning to students – making learning enjoyable and interesting thus keeping our learners actively engaged.
- Strengthen students’ academic skills, deepen their communication skills with adults and peers.
- Tie activities to academic learning, enriching the education of youth outside of school.
Candidates do not have to commit to the full school year nor the full work week. Employment can be seasonal and just for a few days of the week. There’s lots of flexibility in scheduling hours. Teaching experience in a traditional setting is a plus! Please submit your resume and a cover letter which details how you would structure an hour long class. Please submit a cover letter with your resume, indicate your interest and preferred location for work. After School programs operate in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties.
New employees are required to complete new hire paperwork, criminal background checks (CORI & Fingerprinting or Suitability Determination) and required new employee training. We hope that you will join us in this work!
Application process: apply at CES Career page. https://www.collaborative.org/employment/careers