The Collaborative for Educational Services has an opening for a creative .5 Itinerant Teacher who is licensed or experienced in teaching English Language Arts (High School) to educate youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services in Middleton, MA during the 2022-2023 School Year. This is your opportunity to empower a population of young people who’ve had many challenges in their short lives. Our Teachers help students learn and grow, impacting them in ways that shape how they view the world and where they see themselves in it.
Unlicensed applicants are encouraged to apply – we offer waivers and support educators with the certification process. If you are looking for a rewarding career and an opportunity to help students learn and grow, this is the job for you. We hope you will join us in this work!
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- A passionate and mission driven educator, committed to working with youth who have been placed at risk.
- An innovative high school teacher, committed to positive youth development who values professionalism.
- A teacher intent on providing high quality, personalized, college and career ready education.
- A person who understands that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires lifelong learning and a commitment to allyship.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
Working Conditions: Onsite work with teachers and specialist at DYS programs and host agencies.
Workplace Health and Safety: CES employees working on site in DYS, DMH, DPH or CHC facilities are required to demonstrate that they have received COVID-19 vaccination.
Compensation scale: SEIU CBA salary scale based on licensure and education. Range $40,000-$67,000
CES Benefits: CES offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and voluntary Short Term Disability, enhanced Vision and additional Life Insurance. Health Insurance is offered through Tufts/Harvard Pilgrim and includes two plan options: PPO with a self-funded Health Savings Account, and HMO with a Health Reimbursement Account funded by CES to support a portion of health insurance deductions. FSA and Dependent Care accounts are available. Teachers are eligible for membership in the Teachers Retirement System, MTRS. Professional development and mentoring offered throughout the school year.
Application Procedure: Apply Online at CES Career page. Please upload your cover letter, resume, references and licensure.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.