Social Studies PLC
The Social Studies PLC is a supportive community of dynamic history and social studies school leaders, including academic department chairs, social studies coordinators, building and district resource staff, and curriculum directors or assistant directors.
- Collaborate with a dynamic group of social studies school leaders from across Western Massachusetts.
- Discuss current issues, such as educator evaluation, District Determined Measures, Common Core implementation, and project-based learning.
- Share ideas with others who share a passion for history and social studies.
- Share best practices and solutions.
- Learn about and review resources.
- Create and shape opportunities for high quality, meaningful professional development.
There is no charge for participation. Certificates of attendance or PDPs are available.
- Rich Cairn has directed the Emerging America program since 2006. A graduate of Yale University, Rich earned a Master of Public Affairs from the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute at the University of Minnesota. He is a recognized national leader in service-learning, performance assessment, environmental education, and history education.