We work to support the efforts of schools and school districts with high quality, research-based, and collaborative solutions to ensure that every child has the opportunity to achieve his or her full potential.
- CES Values
CES Professional Development helps districts, schools, and individuals improve educator and student performance with open enrollment events; tailored, site-based learning; Professional Learning Communities (PLCs); coaching and consulting.
- Curriculum consulting and support for school-based initiatives and on-site professional development
- Face-to-face and online courses, workshops, and conferences
- Educator licensure
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Instructional coaching
Our Approach to Professional Development
- Focuses on challenges/tough problems that are important to teachers
- Puts relevant research at teachers’ fingertips
- Models optimal and research-based instructional practices
- Incorporates job-embedded demonstrations and coaching with presentation of best practices
- Guides schools’ implementation of structured collaboration around new practices
- Prepares teachers to work with culturally and linguistically diverse groups, and to address how students learn at all stages of development
Our team of specialists and facilitators draw on successful preK-12 experience in urban, rural, and suburban schools, and have special expertise in engaging ELLs, students in poverty, students receiving special education services, and vulnerable youth.
We believe effective teaching practice:
- Aligns to the Common Core standards
- Uses rigorous curriculum
- Is student-centered
- Integrates tiered and differentiated instruction
- Is accessible and engaging
- Develops critical thinking skills