The CES Early Childhood Department recommends these helpful resources and links for parents and families.
Early Childhood Acronyms Can't remember what all those letters stand for? See our list of early childhood acronyms and abbreviations, along with their definitions.
NAEYC For Families Helpful information about learning and development, literacy, and, finding quality childcare
State and Regional Resources
- Hilltown Families: An online grassroots communication network for families living throughout the four counties of Western Massachusetts
- Macaroni Kid - Amherst/Northampton: A weekly newsletter of activities and events for kids
- MassBudget (Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center): A non-partisan research organization dedicated to providing information on state budget and tax policies that affect low- and moderate-income people in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC)
- MassResources.org: An online resource for Massachusetts residents in need of basic services
- Massachusetts 2-1-1: An online resource with links to health and human services resources across the Commonwealth
- Quaboag Hills Community Coalitions (QHCC) Resource Directory: Collected resources for local communities for download
- Safe Kids of Western Massachusetts: A coalition teaching parents and caregivers how to keep kids free from injury
Child Care Resources
Early Literacy Resources
- Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL) Practice Guides: Guides for parents to use with infants, toddlers, or preschoolers to provide them with fun and exciting literacy learning activities
- Family Literacy Activities from The Pennsylvania Center for the Book: A collection of early literacy resources and activities including a book list and a glossary of literacy terms
- Family Reading Partnership: A non-profit community organization that promotes early literacy through family reading practices
- Raising a Reader: A non-profit organization that hat helps families successfully build and sustain literacy routines in the home
- Reading is Fundamental: A children's literacy non-profit organization preparing and motivating children to read
- Washington Learning Systems News: Articles and links by this organization that helps educators and parents maximize the impact of everyday interactions with young children to promote language development, literacy, and learning
- Mass in Motion ChopChop -- Fun, Healthy Recipes for the Family: Monthly online newsletter containing fun and healthy family recipes
Health and Development Resources
- Brain Building in Progress: A Massachusetts public/private partnership raising awareness about the importance of social-emotional and cognitive development in young children
Infant and Toddler Resources
- Zero to Three: A non-profit organization dedicated to informing, training, and supporting parents in their efforts to improve the lives and promote the health and development of infants and toddlers
Children with Special Needs Resources
- Special Quest: Increasing inclusive opportunities for young children with disabilities and their families
- Cerebral Palsy Guide helps families and individuals affected by Cerebral Palsy.
Parent Support and Engagement Resources
- EEC Parent Engagement and Family Support: Includes resources for parents about child development, nutrition, education, health and safety
- It Takes a Village: Provides free neighbor to neighbor support and services for families of infants and young children living in the Hilltowns, located in Williamsburg, MA. Offers a calendar of local events for families.
- Parents Together:Provides support groups and home visits for parents who learn best in non-traditional ways and who have children age five or under. There are no costs; child care and transportation are provided. Contact Kris Larson: 413-834-3344 or 413-863-2082; email@example.com
- U.S. Department of Education Parent and Family Engagement: Links to blog posts and other resources for parents and families to learn more and get involved in their children's education