Information for Parents
The first step for applying for admission to Mount Tom Academy is to schedule an appointment with the guidance counselor at your student’s high school. The counselor can provide instructions and help with your application, which must inculde:
- A copy of your high-school transcript and a copy of your most current report card
- A copy of any Chapter 766 Individualized Education PLan (IEP) and/or a Secton 504 Accomodation Plan
- Approval of the principle or director of the sending high school (required if currently enrolled)
- Students who have previously left school must obtain a referral from their high school to be in a diploma program
- Complete the College Placement Test and the Career Assessment Test (at your high school or at Holyoke Community College)
While attending Mount Tom Academy students remain on the enrollment roster of the school district sending the student. Students follow the course of study of their sending high school. The local school district determines credits required for graduation and issues the high school diploma.
Proof of Effectiveness
- 90% of students who have attended Mt. Tom since 1999 have graduated.
- All students enrolled in the Mt Tom program have passed the MCAS test.
- Approximately 50% of graduates apply to study at the college.
- All students improve their attendance, behavior, and academic performance when compared to previous school performance.