Social Studies PLC
The Social Studies PLC is a supportive community of dynamic history and social studies school leaders, including academic department chairs, social studies coordinators, building and district resource staff, and curriculum directors or assistant directors.
- Collaborate with a dynamic group of social studies school leaders from across Western Massachusetts.
- Discuss current issues, such as educator evaluation, District Determined Measures, Common Core implementation, and project-based learning.
- Share ideas with others who share a passion for history and social studies.
- Share best practices and solutions.
- Learn about and review resources.
- Create and shape opportunities for high quality, meaningful professional development.
There is no charge for participation. Certificates of attendance or PDPs are available.
Rich Cairn has directed the Emerging America program since 2006. A graduate of Yale University, Rich earned a Master of Public Affairs from the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute at the University of Minnesota. He is a recognized national leader in service-learning, performance assessment, environmental education, and history education.