Social Justice and Equity in Schools Gather-ins
The Transforming Education for Social Justice Regional Initiative, funded in large part by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts, is designed to equip and support PK-12 educators to create learning environments that support engaged and empowered learning for all young people in Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden Counties.
As part of this initiative, CES is offering 3 regional Social Justice and Equity in Schools "Gather-ins" for Hampshire, Hampden, and Franklin counties. These gatherings will serve as a follow-up to reflect on the learning that came out of the October 2016 Transforming Education for Social Justice (#TE4SJ) conference and expand the network of educators working on equity in schools in each region.
During each regional specific gather-in we will:
- make new connections with other educators;
- reflect on current challenges and possibilities for that county;
- spend some time discussing and developing goals for implementing youth-centered social justice practices in schools.
Audience and Grade Level
Administrators, Principals, Teachers, Curriculum DIrectors, Technology Directors, Specialists, Parents/Caretakers, Students; Grades PK-12
Date and Location
- Hampshire County: Monday, May 15, 2017, 4:00pm - 6:00pm, Location TBA
- Hampden County: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 4:00pm - 6:00pm, Holyoke High School Library
- Franklin County: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 4:00pm - 6:00pm, Franklin County Technical School
Cost and Registration
These gather-ins are free. Please register online on the right side of this page.
Registration deadline: May 8, 2017